The crew installed 224LF of sewer main and 220LF of force main and MH#45 on Westaway. The crew installed 6 laterals on Willow. Drilling on Willow near Westaway is continuing. The rig brokedown so the final drilling will end early next week. Erosion and Sedimentation controls were checked to protect the creek from runoff and inlet covers were checked. Meetings with residents in the construction area for lateral location stakes is continuing. The project is currently on budget but behind schedule about 9 weeks.
A special note for the residents of Willow
Residents on Willow will not be able to hook up to the sewer until the lower part of the easement line is completed over the next few months.
In the next week weather and conditions permitting we will expect to install:
- Continue working up Westaway installing sewer and force main from MH#45 and install MH#46. Continue force main to Woodridge
- Continue working on Willow. Install Laterals in the areas where the main is completed to allow for water main work to begin
- Install sewer main on Willow from Westaway to complete all main work on Willow
- Continue meeting with residents (applying social distancing) to identify lateral location and depth
- Drilling on Willow Lane (should be completed by Tuesday)
BCWSA Employees will be putting safety protocols for the Corona virus in place on the job site. They will be wearing gloves, keeping distance between each other when possible & as appropriate, wiping down equipment & vehicles while in use. Interaction with residents is to be postponed. If a lateral location needs to be adjusted any interaction between residents and BCWSA personnel will be done with the appropriate social distancing & protection needed for safety.