Why a FOG-free zone matters
Fact is, FOGS coat the inside of pipelines in the same way that fat accumulates in human arteries. By clinging to the inside of the pipe and building up over time, these three pipe-blockers cause costly household and environmental problems.
Preventing a FOG attack
Regardless of price or model, garbage disposal and sink drains are not designed to process FOG. But these simple rules can help prevent the hassles, headaches and cost of a blockage…
- Pour cooled FOG into a glass container or old container such as a coffee can
- Wipe pots, pans and dishes with paper towels prior to rinsing
- Never emptying a deep fryer down the drain. Instead wait until the oil has cooled, pour into a container and dispose of safely in the trash
- Use sink strainers to catch food particles and debris, then empty in the trash
- Read food labels to understand hidden sources of FOG.