For decades BCWSA has continually evaluated our commitment to the environment.
The Authority’s senior management formed the Green Committee tasked with finding ways to make the operation of the Authority more environmentally friendly. These include changing our effect on the Earth through reducing our carbon footprint, more efficient recycling, better use of our existing recourses, etc.
Many members of the Authority staff have continually submit excellent suggestions on how the Authority can do things bigger, better, and faster when it comes to saving the Earth, and the Green Committee reviews & implements each great idea.
The Authority has Instituted Many Changes
- Installed solar panels for electricity generation
- Replaced almost all light bulbs with compact florescent ones
- Turned off 50% of the existing main strip florescent lights
- Replacing the fuel filters in all vehicles with cotton ones that can be washed and provide increased 1-2% MPG per vehicle across the BCWSA fleet
- Replaced all paper and paper consumables with recycled versions
- Installed virtual PDF printers on all computers to reduce the need to print reports to paper
- Developed a scanning & document management system to reduce the need for paper filing cabinets
- Recycled all toner cartridges back to the manufacturer
- Encourage all employees to print documents double-sided
- All computer equipment is Energy Star & configured for power saving modes
- Upgraded our HVAC system to a modern efficient system
- Replaced all toilets to low flow or waterless models